York Township (Medina County), Ohio
The York Township Board of Trustees is accepting applications for the position of Fire Chief.
The Erhart / York Township Fire Department is a combination Fire/EMS agency with a service area of 20
square miles and approximately 3700 residents. The Department has 31 volunteer personnel and
responds to approximately 300 calls for service annually.
The Fire Chief reports directly to the Board of Trustees as defined by the Ohio Revised Code. This highly
visible position requires an energetic individual with a demonstrated capacity to successfully lead a
combination emergency services organization with the ability to continue our strong team environment.
Successful applications will have demonstrated experience:
- Strategic Planning;
- Change Management;
- Facility Planning;
- Human Resource Management;
- Grant Funding / Alternative Funding;
- Recruitment and Retention of personnel;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Extensive knowledge of emergency services administration with combination Fire/EMS
- Positive and effective leadership abilities;
- ISO Certification.
In addition, the applicant must have the following:
- Valid Ohio Driver’s license;
- Ohio Certified Level II Firefighter Certification;
- EMT-B Certification
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
- 10 Years of Fire & EMS experience, 5 of which must be documented in a leadership position at
the level of Captain or above;
- Associates, Bachelors or Masters Degree from an accredited institution in Fire Science, Emergency Services, Emergency Management, Public Safety Administration or closely related field;
- Completion of the Ohio Fire Executive Program (OFE) and/or Executive Fire Officer Program (EFO);
- Demonstrated ability to, or history of, representing emergency organizations at the local,
regional, state and federal levels.
The successful applicant must be in good physical condition and pass all pre-employment screenings
including a drug screening. The salary range for this position is $11,000-$15,000 DOQ and experience.
Interested Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, references and a statement letter including
experience and achievements related to emergency services by September 15 th , 2020 to:
York Township Board of Trustees
Attention: Margaret Russell
6609 Norwalk Road
Medina, Ohio 44256
Electronic submissions are preferred and can be submitted to: